Several weeks (months? I’ve lost track) ago I asked what you might make, given the strict set of guidelines for my gestational diabetes diet.
Then I had a baby.
Well I’m going to still try to post, dammit! So please excuse any typos, misspellings, or grammatical errors. I spend most of my time these days in a zombie-like state and will only be able to write in short stretches of time.
Here’s a summary of some of the tasty dinners I was able to cobble together while still following (mostly) my strict guidelines. Cheating? Maybe a bit… you decide!
- Hamburgers: Well, to be fair, only one allowed for me, and no fries.
- Shrimp Scampi: Shrimp quickly sauteed with olive oil and garlic, tossed with linguine.
- Crustless Quiche: Broccoli and eggs mixed and baked in the oven. Served with a side of Patatas fritas.
- French Toast: Served with grilled apples and Cracker-Barrel style hash brown casserole (this one was a stretch).
- Grilled Salmon: Served with sauteed green beans and potatoes.
- Pork Chops: Served with brussels sprouts and baked sweet potatoes.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Migas: Homesick Texan style, with pico de gallo. No cheese or sour cream on my portion.
- Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asiago Sun Dried Tomato Pasta: One of my go-to “make the hubby happy” recipes, this rich pasta dish with creamy cheese sauce, chicken and sun dried tomatoes definitely pushed the limits of the diabetes diet.